Inexpensive and Thoughtful Handmade Gift Ideas that Friends and Family will Love!
Are you one of those people who put your heart and soul in a gift that is to be presented to a dear one? Do you prefer something that is made with your hands such that it has a personal touch and it is a token of remembrance to the recipient? If you have nodded your head to both these questions, then our article on Handmade Gift Ideas is sure to impress you. We have for you a whole list of new handmade gift ideas to spread some love to your dear ones.
Handmade gifts bring that anticipation to you, to watch the recipient open it and acknowledge something that you have working on for so many days. Once opened, and you see that he/she has loved your gift, your heart feels warm. The best handmade gift ideas are simple and not very time consuming. There are a plenty of handmade gift ideas that you can use to come up with a unique gift in less than an hour.
While thinking of giving handmade gifts, keep in mind the taste and style of the gift recipient so that it saves you time and also lets them enjoy your unique handmade gifts.
The plus points of giving handmade gifts to someone is –
- It involves care and affection.
- You took time and effort to make something.
- Your gesture will surely be appreciated.
- You’ll stick to a budget.
- Lastly, Handmade Gifts are too cute!
Brilliant And Easy Handmade Gift Ideas That You’ll Love To Make!
Bath Bombs –
Homemade bath bombs are always great ideas for creative handmade gifts. There is just a bit of bath salt, bath oils, and a whole lot of fizzy fun involved. A chemical reaction between citric acid and baking soda with a little bit of water makes them great handmade gifts for your dear ones to take the time to relax while taking a bath.
Things that you are going to require to make this bath bombs are:
- Baking soda – ½ cup
- Citric acid – ½ cup
- Cornstarch – ¼ cup
- Sea salt or Epsom salt – ¼ cup
- Castor oil/ essential oils – 3 spoons
- Soap mould
- Water – ¼ tbsp
- Into a large mixing bowl add all the powdered ingredients and then all these people made sure that this mixture has no lumps.
- You can also try adding all these ingredients to a hand strains and the strain them together to make sure there are no lumps and also they are mixed together easily.
- Now into another bowl, mix all other liquid ingredients one after the other and mix them properly.
- Now with the help of a whisk add little solutions at a time to the powder and mix it properly.
- Make sure you do not add all the liquid at ones as this will activate the reaction.
- Next is to mix all the things together.
- Now fill this mixture into a soap mould
- You can leave it overnight to harden or if you want to use it immediately then you can freeze in the refrigerator for about 30-35 minutes.
- If you want to make these bombs for your kids, then add a surprise toy to the center and then freeze.
Here we have bath bombs under DIY and easy handmade gift ideas for friends that you could present to them on any special occasion or just like that.
Mini Frame Magnets –
I would personally love to receive few of these cute and unique handmade gifts for myself. Just grab some functional magnets and scrapbook paper to come up with these mini frames. These DIY handmade gift ideas are not just cute, but can also contain motivational reminders as messages.
Tile Coasters –
Every coffee/tea lover would surely like to have quirky coasters to place their mugs on as they relax and sip through their favorite beverage. These tile coasters can be the best handmade gift ideas to fit the style of people who love their morning tea/coffee.
It is quite simple to make these, they just look difficult but are actually very easy to make.
The things that you will require to make these are:
- 4X4 ceramic tiles,
- Wrapping paper of the same size
- Craft glue
Procedure to make these DIY Tile Coasters:
- Firstly, put on your glues, tiles have sharp edges and I’m sure you do not want to hurt yourself.
- Now, take a price of tile and then apply to place them on a wrapping paper,
- Now trace an outline of these tile on the paper with the help of a pencil
- With the help of a pair of scissors, cut it out neatly
- Now apply glue on the tile
- Stick this paper properly and carefully
- And now let them dry!
That is all about it! It was a simple method with a crazy name.
Heart-Shaped Hand Warmers –
Chilly days first bring in cold and dry hands. Why not gift these cute little hand warmers to the people in our lives whose hands are always cold. These homemade gifts for friends can be easily tucked into pockets or stuck on jackets. They are just the perfect little stocking stuffers.
Marble Dipped Mugs –
Use these super cool handmade gift ideas that let you make your plain boring mugs colorful and quirky. Just fill an old flask or container with warm water, grab your favorite nail polish shade and put a few drops in the warm water such that it forms a swirl. When you see a film forming take your mug and dip it in any direction you wish to create a lovely DIY Marble Dipped Mug(Let it dry thoroughly)!
Yarn Pom Pom Bookmarks –
Is it the season to snuggle in your bed and spend a day cozied up with some favorite books and hot chocolate? Make these charming and best handmade gifts for the season that would improve the look of any book instantly. Go ahead and make your fellow bookworms happy with these fun and easy handmade gifts for friends.
These DIY handmade gift ideas are quite simple to make. The procedure for making these yarn pom bookmarks is also quite simple.
- The things that you require to make these bookmarks are yarns (the colour could totally be your choice), Round tipped safety scissors.
The procedure for making these bookmarks is:
- Wrap the yarn around your three fingers, now you can use two fingers or four fingers.
- The number of fingers you use, depending on that will vary the size of your bookmark.
- Now warp it enough around your fingers.
- once you think that the amount of warning you wrapped is good enough, then cut the remaining yarn and hold the other loose end tightly.
- Now cut another string from the renaming yarn and pass it through the strings wrapped around your fingers
- Now, secure it into a tight knot.
- Now with the help of scissors cut all the loops and let them hang free.
And there you go you’ve made it!
Song Lyric Plate –
It’s your friend’s birthday who is an ardent music lover? These are the perfect handmade birthday gifts to give your music lover friends that takes just about 10 minutes! Pick a plain white ceramic plate and the lyrics of their favorite song. Write the best part of the lyrics with a porcelain marker artistically, and your gift is ready!
This is the perfect choice of handmade birthday gifts that will definitely make the receiver fall hard for you.
This is just as simple as writing on a paper.
- Now the things that you will need are a ceramic plate, of course, them a permanent marker with a fine nib. That is it!
So the procedure goes like:
- On a white plate try and write your friends favourite song or your gangs favourite song.
- Now let it dry.
- Now microwave this plate for about 5- 10 minutes.
And that’s about it!
A very simple and fancy DIY.
Be careful the plate could be hot!
Placemat Clutch –
Totally unique handmade gift ideas for women of great poise. They will surely love this stylish accessory that is made from a lovely placemat. Just some basic sewing skills and you will have created this awesome one-of-a-kind clutch!
Hand Embroidered Onesie –
Are you attending a friend’s party for her child who has just turned one? These personal handmade gifts are adorable and will be surely appreciated by the mommy. Make an embroidery of the baby’s name or his/her favorite animal and you’ll be giving a gift to be remembered for long!
Embroidered Headphones –
Give these handmade birthday gifts to friends who love to carry their music around. These pretty looking headphones would make a very appreciative gift for friends who use headphones on a daily basis. The plus point is that the wires will no longer get entangled!
This is just a cool DIY for any teenager and is also very simple to make. They are quite stylish and trendy at the same time.
Ear plugs are the utmost important things for survival and also at the same time are very vulnerable. So it is quite obvious to protect them.
Things that you will require you to make these are yarns or threads of three or four or any number of colours of your choice.
- The first and foremost thing that you need to do is check your earplugs for any signs of damage, and if you find any then first try and fix that.
- After that try to cut the string as long as your earplugs.
- Now with the help of a tape try and stick these string near the pin.
- Now start trying knots and wrapping the string along the string.
- Once you are done, fasten it with the help of a knot and cut the extra strings.
There you go, you have made one pair of super cool earplugs. And make the tingle free.
Color blocked Frosted Tumblers –
Chic and simple handmade gift ideas for your sophisticated group of friends. A set of two or four of them will make a fine gift, carried along with a bottle of wine, and some gourmet cheese!
Engraved Copper Mugs –
Some cute copper colored mugs are always welcomed to the collection of houseware. A subtle engraving of the name of the recipient or a motivational quote will make these mugs as unique homemade gifts for friends to sip through their favorite drink!
Cinnamon Sugar Hand Scrub –
Creative handmade gift ideas that make a sweet smelling hand scrub is the perfect one for someone going on a holiday. There will be no person who won’t be happy to receive this little jar.
This could be a very easy homemade scrub. The ingredients are not difficult to find as well.
- Brown sugar,
- Cinnamon powder,
- Coconut oil,
- Liquid soap
- Now firstly, mix the two dry ingredients properly and put them aside.
- Now mix the two liquid ingredients into another bowl and put them aside.
- Make sure you use melted coconut oil.
- You can also add any fragrance of your choice.
- Now, mix all these ingredients properly and store it in a container.
This mixture can last up to two months. It is at the same time very easy to make and also help to exfoliate your skin and opens your pores!
Passport Cover –
do you have someone in your friends list whose main aim in life is to wanderlust? Use these handmade gift ideas and make them a passport cover, something that they will actually need while satisfying their love for travelling. Use the fabric of your choice and make a quirky passport cover.
Watercolor Plates –
Beautiful and artistic handmade gift ideas that can be used on the occasion of weddings, bridal showers, or housewarming. If you are good with watercolors, then these handmade gifts can be made in a jiffy!
Handprint Keychain –
Cute handmade ideas of gifting for parents and grandparents, these handprint keychains are the perfect keepsakes. Get kids to actively participate in making these cute handmade gifts and get them painted in love for their family.
DIY Leather Pouch –
Anybody who loves to carry a few handy essentials wherever they go will love this homemade gifts for friends. A leather pouch that is just the perfect size to fit in all their small items with a minimal look.
Tea Towel With Leaf Print –
Get any beautiful whole leaf from your backyard and dip them in paint. Make impressions of the leaves on a plain linen towel and your very pretty tea towels set is ready!
Make your own scented candles:
Candles are the new black! They fit into any event just perfectly. They just make the aura too lively. And if you have scented candles then there could be nothing better than those. Instead of going to the market and buying them, you can make them at your place with ease and you also get the benefit of selecting your own colour and the fragrance of your choice. It is actually quite simple to make them. You can also mould them into a shape of your choice. Here I have a simple DIY for you to make your own scented candles and a DIY for making simple rose shape scented candles.
The things that you will require to make these candles are:
- Candles ( could be white or coloured; if you are using coloured candles then you need not require to add colour additionally)
- Fragrance (any scent that you’re like)
- Food colour or soap colour
- And moulds (like a glass, or any other shape of your choice)
Procedure for preparing the wax of the candle:
- Place a heavy vessel on the stove and turn on the flame
- Drop in all the candles and let them melt completely
- Like I already mentioned, if the candles are white in colour and you want to add colour to them, then add a few drops of food colour; else you need not.
- If your added colour then, and stir with the help of ice cream sticks.
- Add a few drops of fragrance just before you are turned off the flame.
Procedure for preparing candle:
- Use a mould of your choice and then to a pencil tight the wig and then place it exactly in the centre.
- Now pour the melted wax
- Leave that undisturbed and let is set for about overnight.
- And that’s is it! You’ve made your very own handmade candles.
Procedure for preparing rose shape candle:
- With the help of a spoon pore this wax on a tray lined with butter or parchment paper.
- Let it dry, do not de it set completely, just let it set enough that you can work with it,
- Now try wrapping these wax petals around the wick and keep sticking them around.
And there you go, you have your very own rose shaped candles.
Easy DIY map magnets:
Make these handmade map magnets and gift to your friends. There also very easy to make and fancy at the same time. They also look very very cute. You can make these yourself. Making these shouldn’t be a problem at all. You can as well increase your geography! (hahaha)
- All you need to make these are a print out of a map, a pencil, glue, button magnets, and clear glass stones.
- Now, place the map flat on your table and trace the stone on the map
- Cut out the traced area carefully
- Apply glue on the front face of the map and stick it to the plain and smooth surface of the stone.
- Now apply glue on the on the magnet and stick it on the paper.
There you go, your very easy handmade gift DIY map magnets are ready!
Happy crafting people! 🙂